Date:      18 Oct 1999 14:12:02 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        nik@freebsd.org, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world failing because of missing unroff

Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za> writes:
> If you want tools distributed with the sources which they support, you
> should incorporate the tools into the doc/ tree. But then you'd still
> need non-doc tools to build _those_.

The obvious extension of this principle is to move the entire OS into
the doc tree; then you'd have a fully self-contained collection of
documentation along with all the tools needed to edit and publish it
(assuming you import e.g. thttpd along with the rest). FreeBSD would
then cease to exist except as a collection of tools for the FDP. I'm
sure Nik would *love* this idea 8)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@flood.ping.uio.no