Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:37:06 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Brett Stockdale <bstockr@concentric.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: modem setup

At 11:04 AM 4/20/97 -0400, Brett Stockdale wrote:
>Hello
>
>	I am looking for documentaion on setting up my modem.  I have a
>external USR Courier V.everything, which is connected to comm port 2.  I
>have searched the internet and can not find what I am looking for.  Can
>you point me in the right direction?

For use with FreeBSD, check out
www.freebsd.org/
Specifically,
http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook134.html#333

Also, you should search through the mailling list archives and
newsgroups... You can do both through dejanews... Go to
http://www.dejanews.com/forms/dnsetfilter.html
and in the Newgroups field, enter in
comp.unix.bsd.free*,muc.lists.freebsd*

Then try searching for the key words that you are interested in...e.g. ppp
serial and so on... Between the documentation and the postings, you will
find more than enough information.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mike@sentex.net)           * To do is to be  -- Nietzsche
Sentex Communications Corp,              * To be is to do  -- Sartre
Cambridge, Ontario                       * Do be do be do  -- Sinatra
(http://www.sentex.net/~mdtancsa)        *