Date:      Fri, 23 May 1997 14:01:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, "Duane H. Hesser" <alex@androcles.com>, cat@uunet.ca, current@hub.freebsd.org, jmb@hub.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UU.NET, SPAM, and Cyberpromotions (was Re: usregsite.com)

On Fri, 23 May 1997, Jonathan Lemon wrote:

> Heh.  Don't send mail to 'abuse@cyberpromo.com'.  It is actually an
> complaining to their upstream provider (AGIS) but they aren't too
> helpful either.  AGIS is supposed to be implementing a 'remove-list',
> but it just happens to be run by the same people who operate quantcom.com,
> which is also a known spam domain.

  Complaints to AGIS will be ignored, or you will get a form response
defending Cyberpromo as legit a internet business (I've seen one of
these).  If you complain futher about additional incidents, expect your
e-mail to abuse@agis.net to blocked.

  The top 5 spam services all use AGIS for connectivity (according to a
press release from Quantcom).  I have confirmed that Cyberpromo, Quantcom,
and Sallynet/Nancynet all use AGIS.

  I think it is about time, that a boycot against AGIS was started.  It is
quite easy to block all of AGIS's netblocks.

  Also, Quantcom uses FreeBSD 2.1.something on their primary spam
exploder, glenn.quantcom.com.  To verify, telnet to glenn.quantcom.com.
Expect the telnet port to closed off soon, as other people try to identify
this machine.

Tom