Date:      Mon, 27 Jul 1998 13:39:45 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Stuart Henderson <stuart@internationalschool.co.uk>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD not mentioned on NPR "alternative OSes" show

Stuart Henderson wrote:

> Don't be so sure... I don't have the article here (and it's not on the
> web) but UK Computer Shopper were complaining about the latest Red Hat
> installation program and recommending FreeBSD instead (again; I think
> that's about 3 issues so far this year that have mentioned us favourably
> :-)

Really?. Comp Shopper including regular, favourable articles about UNIX?. I
didn't renew my subscription to CS when it expired at the beginning of this year
because the mag was just Windows, Windows, and more Windows and didn't appear to
even acknowledge the existence of other OS's (mind you, thinking back, the last
issue I received had a multi-page review of FreeBSD :-) )

> Maybe they could use some of those 2.2.6 cd's ...

Yes.

CNC Apps Engineer           | One of the main causes of the fall |
Radan Computational Ltd     | of the Roman Empire was, that      |
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com   | lacking a zero, they had no way of |
                            | indicating the successful          |
                            | termination of their C programs    |