Date:      Fri, 31 May 2002 08:47:25 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "."@babolo.ru
To:        frank@exit.com
Cc:        morsal@swipnet.se, cjm2@earthling.net, grog@lemis.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD have a problem with some AMD processors?

Frank Mayhar writes:
> Morsal Rodbay wrote:
> > I recenetly bought an Athlon XP 1800+... and it turned out that it wouldnt
> > run XFree. Everything worked well besides X. Since a workstation without X
> > is useless I was forced to switch to WinXP and it's very stable so there is
> > nothing wrong with the hardware which means it's a FreeBSD issue.
> It's probably _not_ a FreeBSD issue.  I'm running -stable on a dual AMD MP
> 1800+ system (Tyan 2466 motherboard), running XFree86 on a Radeon 8500 128MB
> card.  No problems at all.  And it screams. :-)
???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please!
I have a lot of troubles with Tyan 2466!
Are you ising onboard ethernet? My system hangs
immediatly when try ifconfig.
Can you boot with SCSI controller?
I change this mobo for a singleprocessor one
but want to try more.

I try UP STABLE kernels from 15-Feb-2002 to about
10-May-2002.

--
@BABOLO      http://links.ru/