Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 1995 09:45:11 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@cs.hut.fi>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN: Sync vs Async. Was: Bragging rights..

dennis wrote:
> We'll have it as part of our product very shortly, but....for the reasons
> that you just stated, no "right to steal" licenses available.

That's OK.  There are a number of other sync serial cards for which support is
forthcoming (I've already directed Heikki at John Hay and the ARNET driver in progress)
and for which all driver sources should be available.  Given that we're supposed to be a
full-source, free OS (and always interested in seeing sharing work with other OSs) I
think that this is a good direction and I applaud Heikki for being willing enough to pony
up a non-trivial amount of money.  No, $1000 is not enough to even remotely tempt a
company into doing support, but it may be just enough to push someone who was
contemplating it anyway into writing a driver..
--
						Jordan