Date:      Sat, 08 Feb 1997 15:34:08 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
Cc:        Justen Stepka <raistlin@ecpnet.com>, Zach Heilig <zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com>, Leonard Chua <lenc@earth.infinetconsulting.com>, freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: moused and X11R6

>It works like this:
>
>moused handles the *real* mouse device, and "converts" these
>into mousesystems events, then emulates a "real" mouse to
>everything that uses it. In the meatime, It can affect the
>console device as well if you have mouse actions on via
>vidcontrol.
>
>e.g (for a serial mouse):
>
>/dev/cuaa0 -> moused
>	      /dev/mouse
>		+-- vidcontrol
>		+-- xfree

Actually, it's `/dev/sysmouse' rather than `/dev/mouse', unless you
have made a symbolic link from `/dev/mouse' to `/dev/sysmouse'...

I am currently running moused with a 3-button serial mouse.  My
XF86Config has the following lines in the Section "Pointer":

Device   "/dev/sysmouse"
Protocol "MouseSystems"

Kazu