Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2001 12:49:52 -0500
From:      "Alan Gerber" <agerber@unity.ncsu.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Run program as different user

I've tried both methods given to me so far (cron job and su).  sudo, from
what I have heard about it, does not apply here because I do not want to run
the program as root. (If sudo does allow you to run programs as non-root
users, then please correct me and I'll look into it.)  The cron job mails an
"Abort trap" error to the user I am running the job as.  Anybody know what
this error means/how to correct it?  Su, on the other hand, gives me
"^G^S^B^A^P2^]^N^V5^R/^L^X^E^[: Event not found."   I have no idea what this
means, but I am sure that I've typed in the correct path to the program.
Can anybody help me with this as well?

Alan Gerber