Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 11:59:25 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: usb printer support broken?

Rasputin wrote:

> * Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com> [020228 04:29]:
>

>>Ceri wrote:

>>>I'm getting them too.
>>>
>>>I'd like to see the changes backed out for the time being.
>>>

>>Have you tried his next patch set at http://www.josef-k.net/misc/
>>
>>You store it in /usr/src and gunzip it and "patch < the_patch".
>>

> I'm still getting the core dumps accessing uplt that I got a few weeks back.
> That's on latest STABLE, with or without Joes patches.
>
> With the patchset, the kernel hung while initialising the card.

Which card are you using, I have a Nec based USB-2 card and it also
hangs during the boot but only if I use something on uhub1. It will
boot if everything is on uhub0. I have 3 usb devices and only 2
external uhub0 connectors.

> AFAICT, the lpt coredump problem is related to the STABLE changes only,
> so maybe a rollback would be feasible. I was having trouble with ulpt
> and STABLE before any of the recent commits, so I'm more than happy to
> test patches, whether or not they're in the tree.
>
> Not being more than an enthusiastic user, it's not my call, is it?

It depends on where things are done. I added messages to the SiS
drivers for my SiS-735 chipset mbs to watch them boot while the
SiS-900 networking was added and the ATA-100 stuff but there are so
many places that were changed with the usb stuff that I didn't know
where to start.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart