Date:      Thu, 9 Feb 1995 20:24:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ron Minnich <rminnich@mini.sarnoff.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   enet throughput

freebsd enet performance doesn't look too good down here.
from freebsd -> irix i see 700 kbytes/sec. This is using 3c509s, isa bus,
p90 systems, the 12/22/94 snap.

from freebsd -> freebsd i see 200 kbytes/second. Linux on similar boxes,
same cards, sees 980 according to a friend.

Any hints to me (i don't read -questions) would be welcome.
(besides "convert to linux" i mean)

Ron Minnich                |We can think of C++ as the Full Employment Act
rminnich@earth.sarnoff.com |for Programmers. After all, with each compiler
(609)-734-3120             |version change, you have to rewrite all your code.