Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:10:22 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Tulloch <psyrawt@nottingham.ac.uk>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   APC Back-UPS Pro

Hi,
   I'm having a bit of trouble with getting an APC Back-UPS Pro running on
freebsd. It seems to be working with upsd from the ports collection. But
every while I get a whole load of lines looking like this:
upsd[355]: apc_tune: negative repsonse:  N
upsd[355]: apc_tune: negative repsonse: ^M
upsd[355]: apc_tune: negative repsonse:  ^M
upsd[355]: apc_tune: negative repsonse:    N
upsd[355]: apc_tune: negative repsonse:   NO
upsd[355]: apc_tune: negative repsonse:  NO

I haven't changed anything from the default config, just plugged it all in
as per the APC instructions. I've probably just missed something dumb. It
does pick up line fails and when the powr comes back on. just those
messages.

Thanks
Andrew