Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 14:12:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au
Cc:        darrenr@cyber.com.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dds tape drives.

>  In some mail from Mark Tinguely, sie said:
>  >
>  > a long time ago, I added the files and block counts to the /sys/scsi/st.c
>  > (basically you add/subtract after every read/write/movement command --
>  > watch out for command residuals).
>  >
>  Does someone still have them ?

It is true that I do not have them on any of my disks, but now that I think
of it I must have these on an old tape backup. I will restore them when I can
make some time. This change will not be any newer than for FreeBSD 2.0.x
(or even FreeBSD 1.x) so it would only be a guide to make changes to newer
st.c.

I still have the sources for mt (the predecessor to st) and the minor changes
that are needed to report the result of the kernel file/record counts.

--mark.