Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:12:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        lluisma@osi-technologies.com, rivers@dignus.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.4-RELEASE and ThinkPad 770Z with 256MB memory

> Thomas David Rivers wrote:
>
> > Uh... you're talking about install Linux, right?  Perhaps you
>
> I am trying to install FreeBSD 3.4. I was just displaying dmesg output
> from a running Linux system because I attempted to replace Linux with
> FreeBSD and the bsd install hangs after probing PnP devices. The dmesg
> is just to show you what kind of laptop I have and see if someone can
> give some ideas to make bsd install. I'm dying to have freebsd installed
> on this laptop...  Thanks for any help.

 Ah - my apologies... perhaps it was too early in the morning for
 me to be reading e-mail :-)

 Just to add a possible helpful point - I find my 3.2-RELEASE on my
 laptop will hang after a warm-boot (with a particular ethernet card
 installed.)  Do you have any PCMCIA cards installed?  If so, try
  	1) Doing a cold boot (turn the machine off)
	2) Remove the cards and see if it comes up.

	- Dave Rivers -