Date:      Sun, 2 Mar 1997 14:01:58 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu, peter@spinner.DIALix.COM
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, mpp@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail.local modifications?

>I'd hate to throw fuel on the fire, but I'd prefer that we replaced the
>mail.local sources with a .PATH to src/usr.sbin/sendmail/mail.local/*..
>
>The change you describe is already present there (and has been for quite
>some time), along with a number of other enhancements.  Unfortunately,
>there is some portability cruft in there, but at least it's being reasonably
>actively maintained.

It's also in Lite2.  Berkeley ids for mail.local.c:

-current: 8.6
Lite2:    8.22
sendmail: 8.34

All the versions make heavy work of restoring the original euid.
The Lite2 and senddmail versions seem to miss restoring it in at least
one case (when close(mfbd) fails).  The easiest way to restore it is to
use seteuid(0) after deliver().

Bruce