Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 2002 20:48:40 +0200
From:      Janine C.Buorditez <johann@broadpark.no>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mode-switch loop after seejpeg crash termination

Hi.

seejpeg stopped responding while viewing a picture in console.

Switching to any of the other virtual consoles did not work, hence I had to
remotely kill the hung up process. When I returned to the machine, the picture
was still there. I pressed CTRL+C and it went away, trying to switch back to
its original console video mode. And it still does. The mode goes like on and
off in an infinite loop, making an aweful noise, fatal to my monitor if left
on.

Does anyone know what to do? The machine has such a nifty uptime that rebooting
it is not an option.

Love,
Janine