Date:      Wed,  3 Jan 2001 01:27:05 +0100 (CET)
From:      tobez@tobez.org
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/24030: New port: sysutils/p5-Schedule-Cron (Schedule::Cron - cron-like scheduler for Perl subroutines)

>Number:         24030
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New port: sysutils/p5-Schedule-Cron (Schedule::Cron - cron-like scheduler for Perl subroutines)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical

This module provides  a simple but complete cron  like scheduler.  I.e
this modules can be  used for periodically executing Perl subroutines.
The  dates  and  parameters  for  the subroutines  to  be  called  are
specified with a format known as crontab entry (see manpage crontab(5)
or documentation of Schedule::Cron).

The   philosophy  behind   Schedule::Cron  is   to   call  subroutines
periodically from  within one single  Perl program instead  of letting
cron  trigger several  (possibly different)  Perl  scripts. Everything
under  one  roof.  Furthermore  Schedule::Cron  provides mechanism  to
create crontab entries dynamically, which isn't that easy with cron.

Schedule::Cron  knows  about  all   extensions  (well,  at  least  all
extensions I'm aware of, i.e those  of the so called "Vixie" cron) for
crontab entries like ranges  including 'steps', specification of month
and days of the week by name or coexistence of lists and ranges in the
same field. And  even a bit more (like lists  and ranges with symbolic
names).

>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	p5-Schedule-Cron
#	p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-plist
#	p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-descr
#	p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-comment
#	p5-Schedule-Cron/distinfo
#	p5-Schedule-Cron/Makefile
#
echo c - p5-Schedule-Cron
mkdir -p p5-Schedule-Cron > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-plist << 'END-of-p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-plist'
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/%%PERL_ARCH%%/auto/Schedule/Cron/.packlist
Xlib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/Schedule/Cron.pm
X@dirrm lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/%%PERL_ARCH%%/auto/Schedule/Cron
X@unexec rmdir %D/lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/%%PERL_ARCH%%/auto/Schedule 2>/dev/null || true
X@unexec rmdir %D/lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/Schedule 2>/dev/null || true
END-of-p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-plist
echo x - p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-descr << 'END-of-p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-descr'
XThis module provides  a simple but complete cron  like scheduler.  I.e
Xthis modules can be  used for periodically executing Perl subroutines.
XThe  dates  and  parameters  for  the subroutines  to  be  called  are
Xspecified with a format known as crontab entry (see manpage crontab(5)
Xor documentation of Schedule::Cron).
XThe   philosophy  behind   Schedule::Cron  is   to   call  subroutines
Xperiodically from  within one single  Perl program instead  of letting
Xcron  trigger several  (possibly different)  Perl  scripts. Everything
Xunder  one  roof.  Furthermore  Schedule::Cron  provides mechanism  to
Xcreate crontab entries dynamically, which isn't that easy with cron.
XSchedule::Cron  knows  about  all   extensions  (well,  at  least  all
Xextensions I'm aware of, i.e those  of the so called "Vixie" cron) for
Xcrontab entries like ranges  including 'steps', specification of month
Xand days of the week by name or coexistence of lists and ranges in the
Xsame field. And  even a bit more (like lists  and ranges with symbolic
Xnames).
X-Anton
X<tobez@tobez.org>
END-of-p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-descr
echo x - p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-comment
sed 's/^X//' >p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-comment << 'END-of-p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-comment'
XSchedule::Cron - cron-like scheduler for Perl subroutines
END-of-p5-Schedule-Cron/pkg-comment
echo x - p5-Schedule-Cron/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >p5-Schedule-Cron/distinfo << 'END-of-p5-Schedule-Cron/distinfo'
XMD5 (Schedule-Cron-0.03.tar.gz) = abae3eb58f495c4c66a22381aaa02cbc
END-of-p5-Schedule-Cron/distinfo
echo x - p5-Schedule-Cron/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >p5-Schedule-Cron/Makefile << 'END-of-p5-Schedule-Cron/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:	sysutils/p5-Schedule-Cron
X# Date created:				03 January 2001
X# Whom:					Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=	Schedule-Cron
XPORTVERSION=	0.03
XCATEGORIES=	sysutils perl5
XMASTER_SITES=	${MASTER_SITE_PERL_CPAN}
XMASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=	Schedule
XPKGNAMEPREFIX=	p5-
XMAINTAINER=	tobez@tobez.org
XBUILD_DEPENDS=	${LOCALBASE}/lib/perl5/site_perl/${PERL_VER}/Time/ParseDate.pm:${PORTSDIR}/devel/p5-Time
XRUN_DEPENDS=	${BUILD_DEPENDS}
XUSE_PERL5=	yes
XPERL_CONFIGURE=	yes
XMAN3=		Schedule::Cron.3
XMANPREFIX=	${PREFIX}/lib/perl5/${PERL_VERSION}
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-p5-Schedule-Cron/Makefile
exit