Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 2002 20:55:28 -0800
From:      "Paul A. Scott" <pscott@skycoast.us>
To:        Len Conrad <LConrad@go2france.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: .sh interactive ok, from crontab, not

Okay, I was able to duplicate your problem. It is due to the output of 'ps'
being truncated to 80 columns, the default terminal size. You are likely
running a wide terminal display on your interactive session (as I do) but
cron will see the default 80 column terminal. This is the difference between
the two.

Try running 'ps' using the -w flag (wide column mode):

  if ( ps -auxw | grep -iq "^root.*master" ) ; then

I've tested this and it works.

Paul

--
Paul A. Scott