Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 20:17:15 -0600
From:      "Peter W. Schmiedeskamp" <pschmied@selway.umt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PCCARD problems

Hello,  I have a Compaq Armada E500 laptop that I am working on with a TI=
12XX=20
PCI pcmcia controller.  FreeBSD is 4.6-RELEASE

I am trying to get a NetGear MA401 802.11 Wireless card to work.  I inser=
t the=20
card, and it beeps and says:

pccard: card inserted, slot 0

Then, the error:

pccardd[49]: No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")

There is an entry in /etc/defaults/pccard.conf for this exact model of ca=
rd,=20
but the CIS data doesn't seem to be correctly read.

There are a number of devices, including the PCMCIA controller, the built=
-in=20
ethernet, the modem and a couple others on IRQ 11.  I have tried setting=20
various permutations of the hw.pcic.ignore_function_1, hw.pcic.init_routi=
ng,=20
hw.pcic.intr_path, and hw.pcic.irq to no avail.  I've also tried hard set=
ting=20
the IRQ in the kernel, but it still ends up on IRQ 11.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

-Peter