Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2001 14:34:09 -0500
From:      "Kutulu" <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Security Check output mailing?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Louis LeBlanc" <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>; <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2001 2:22 PM

> Which I  assume means  it gets  sent to  root@localhost. But  the From
> header is still 'undisclosed-recipients'.
>
> I know this may be risking going OT, but I do have the following in my
> sendmail.mc file: define(`confNO_RCPT_ACTION', `add-to-undisclosed')

The reason the From: header says this is that the script doesn't provide
it's own From: header.  Since this is being sent locally, it doesn't go
through the SMTP process.  The local mailer is called, passed the account
name, and the body of the mail including (or not including) any normal mail
headers, is written to your mailbox.  That's where procmail picks it up and
discards it.

> Any   idea  how   to   get   security  to   be   sent  explicitly   to
> root@keyslapper.org?

Edit /etc/security to echo mail headers at the top.  I did this in a hurry
and haven't bothered to clean it up, but something like this:

host=`hostname`
[ $sflag = FALSE ] && echo "From: Charlie Root <root@kutulu.org>"
[ $sflag = FALSE ] && echo "To: Kutulu <kutulu@kutulu.org>"
[ $sflag = FALSE ] && echo "Subject: ${host} daily security output log"
[ $sflag = FALSE ] && echo ""

--K