Date:      Wed, 03 May 2000 17:40:44 -0700
From:      Jake Burkholder <jburkhol@home.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   solicit hardware and/or testers for newbusified drivers

I'm working on converting some of the older drivers to newbus and
need hardware or testers to verify that this stuff still works.

If you have any of the hardware listed below and are willing to
either loan it to me or be a guinea pig, please let me know.
I have patches for some of them on my web page: http://io.yi.org

These compile with LINT and a kernel with no compat shims; they should
apply cleanly to a recent -current.  I've booted a kernel with all these
drivers compiled in to verify they were correctly not detected and didn't
panic my machine.

If you use other drivers that still require compatibility shims you'll
have to remove the entries for the drivers you are patching from
sys/i386/isa/isa_compat.h or I believe the kernel will not link.
This applies to LINT.

Hardware or Testers Needed:

ctx:	Cortex-I frame grabber.
spigot:	Creative Labs Video Spigot video-acquisition board.
meteor: Matrox Meteor video capture board.
asc:	GI1904-based hand scanners, e.g. the Trust Amiscan Grey.
gsc:	Genius GS-4500 hand scanner.
el:	3Com 3C501 ethernet card.
le:	Digital Equipment EtherWorks 2 and EtherWorks 3 (DEPCA, DE100,
	DE101, DE200, DE201, DE202, DE203, DE204, DE205, DE422).
alpm:	Acer Aladdin-IV/V/Pro2 based motherboard.

Especially Wierd/Don't Know What To Do About:

gp:	National Instruments AT-GPIB and AT-GPIB/TNT board.
labpc:	National Instrument's Lab-PC and Lab-PC+.
loran:	Loran Receiver. (phk?)
xrpu:	HOT1 Xilinx 6200 FPGA card.

Thank you

Jake