Date:      08 Feb 1997 01:51:01 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com>
To:        David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
Cc:        Leonard Chua <lenc@earth.infinetconsulting.com>, freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: moused and X11R6

David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au> writes:

> It would appear that you've configured both X and moused to
> access the mouse directly, in which case they're fighting for
> control, and certainly you'll see the results that you've
> observed.

Nope, moused used /dev/cuaa0, X used /dev/sysmouse.  What are the
device numbers on /dev/sysmouse supposed to be?  I have:

crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer   28, 128 Feb  8 01:35 /dev/cuaa0
crw-------  1 root  wheel    12, 128 Feb  8 00:58 /dev/sysmouse

I killed moused, and set the X mouse pointer to /dev/cuaa0.  The
problem seems to have gone away.  Either the above permissions are
wrong, or moused is mildly broken.

--
Zach Heilig (zach@blizzard.gaffaneys.com) | ALL unsolicited commercial email
Support bacteria -- it's the only         | is unwelcome.  I avoid dealing