Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 20:25:36 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        dshapter@ciena.com (Doug Shapter)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ABOUT BSD

> This is getting off charter, but I'm running 1.something on a
> 386xx/20 laptop with 2 megs RAM and a 40 meg ide. I think we did
> an install with a very early version of the parallel port IP
> interface. Thing swaps like mad, but you can edit files and do
> _slow_ compiles... Haven't booted it in a while, maybe I'll try it
> tonight for yucks.

I know a college that ran a lab full of 386SX/16's with 4M of
ram and NFS /, /usr, and swap as netboot'ed X terminals that
could be booted into windows and turned into X terminals with a
double-click of a desktop icon.  1.1.5, of course, not the current
bloat-ware...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---