Date:      Sat, 2 Oct 2004 06:53:00 -0700
From:      Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dig after bind9 upgrade

> dig doesn't work for me after the bind9 upgrade. It gets a corrupted
> server name in make_server(). I haven't seen any problems posted here, so
> I guess I either got a bad build or nobody digs. 8-)

i dig and doc up the ying yang with 9.3.0.  but i do my own install.
[ nothing against doug's, but i've been running 9.3 snaps for some
years and have things in other places (/var/dns) and am waiting
for doug's to stabilize before deciding how to hack ]

the point being that your problem is not likely in the base software.

randy