Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 95 15:12 CDT
From:      malenovi@cview.com (Nik Malenovic)
To:        johnl@microware.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with Adaptec 1542CP and 2.0.5

In article <DE6x34.D14@cview.com> you write:
>I am trying to get 2.0.5 working on an Adaptec 1542CP SCSI controler and
>a Seagate ST1480N drive. I was able to load 2.0.5 on the SCSI hard drive,
>but when I boot FreeBSD, I get the following errors when probing the
>1542CP controller:

>aha0 waiting for scsi drvices to settle
>(aha0:0:0): timed out
>adapter not taking commands.. frozen?!
>Debugger("aha1542") called.
>(aha0:0:0): timed out
>adapter not taking commands.. frozen?!
>Debugger("aha1542") called.
> AGAIN
>aha0: MBO 02 and not 00 (free)

I had similar problem in 1.0e :-) I had Adaptec1542 and Quantum ProDrive.
Actually I had a few 256666Mb drives, and Quantum was the only one to
cause these kind of problems. I fixed this by hacking the kernel scsi
code - fgrep for 'frozen?!' string in kernel code - I really don't remember
where it was, read the code, and why it freezes and either comment it out
or insert #ifdefs. it's up to you. it's quite a hack but I never had a
problem afterwards :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Nik
--
sin.com - Proudly running FreeBSD 2.0.5 486DX2/50 32 Mb RAM 1.5Gb SCSI
Look at what Linux did - it made everyone aware of Unices, but it has put