Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 1996 08:50:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        Don Yuniskis <dgy@rtd.com>
Cc:        James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update to mSQL, take two

On Sun, 21 Jul 1996, Don Yuniskis wrote:

> Hmmm... not wanting to pick nits  :>   but, shouldn't this perhaps
> install under /home/Minerva or /usr/Minerva (to be consistent
> with things like ~ftp, ~ingress)?  Comments welcome!

The author addresses that in the README.  mSQL is part of Minerva, a
object-based networking system that includes ESL (a C-like script
language), w3-msql (HTML extensions for mSQL), and the core controller
(which isn't public yet).  The author recommends that if you are going to
use any of the other ports, you should keep the prefix as
/usr/local/Minerva, since they are designed to "live" together.

Coincidentally, ESL and w3-msql are my next planned ports.  8-)

--
j.

| James FitzGibbon                                         james@nexis.net |
| Integrator, The Nexis Group                     Voice/Fax : 416 410-0100 |