Date:      Wed, 8 Jun 2016 14:43:10 +0200
From:      Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff <stdin@niklaas.eu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting CARP to broadcast on a different interface

--Yb+qhiCg54lqZFXW

Hello,

is it possible to configure CARP in such a way that it sends its
broadcasts on an interface different from the one that gets the shared
IP address assigned? Unfortunately, my provider blocks broadcast and
multicast on public interfaces of virtual machines.

However, they offer to set up an additional virtual NIC that directly
connects multiple virtual machines on which broadcast and multicast are
not blocked. So, while I assign a shared IP to the public interface
vtnet0, I would like to configure CARP to broadcast on the private
interface vtnet1.

Is that possible? Or are there alternatives for CARP that support this
function?

    Niklaas

--Yb+qhiCg54lqZFXW

--Yb+qhiCg54lqZFXW--