Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:55:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Karen Donathan <donathan@gwhs.kana.k12.wv.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Virus question

To Whom it may concern:

My name is Karen Donathan and I am a computer science teacher at George
Washington High School in Charleston, WV.  We run our website
(http://gwhs.kana.k12.wv.us) on a FreeBSD server.  This project was given
to me, and I am afraid that I really should know more about how this
works.

My question is as follows:  How can I run a virus scan on my system?  What
scan do you recommend?

The reason I am asking this question is that our school system
administrator just found that there were some files infected with Klez.h
in the webroot directory of our server.  He found this out as he
downloaded some files from this directory to our Windows-XP school server,
and Norton flagged it right away.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Karen Donathan