Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:27:17 -0600
From:      Jose Hidalgo Herrera <jose@hostarica.net>
To:        martes.wigglesworth@us.army.mil
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions-request@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Weird lockup of network traffic...

--=-MGOpuCowy6amkGcuGtIz

If you really thing its a buffer[1] problem try:
	netstat -m
	netstat -sfinet=20

And if you find problems recompile with:

options         NMBCLUSTERS=3D<higher value>

man mbuf

[1]: mbuf clusters exhausted

My 2 cents with the information given.

El lun, 06-12-2004 a las 20:01 +0300, martes wigglesworth escribi=F3:
> I only listed the rules that are relivant to my assumption, hence the
> listing of the pipes.  My inquiry was primarily to try to figure out
> what was cousing the routing table glich, or whatever was cousing the
> pings, and all other traffic, to be dumped, prior to being transmitted.=20
> I have another firewall, behind this rate limiter, so if you could give
> any assistance with the buffer errors, it would  be most appreciated. =20
--=20
Jose Hidalgo Herrera <jose@hostarica.net>
Corp. Hostarica

--=-MGOpuCowy6amkGcuGtIz