Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:01:31 +0800
From:      Dryice Liu <dryice@hotpop.com>
To:        Dave Symonds <dsymonds@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating ports and send-pr(1)

--=-=-=

Dave Symonds <dsymonds@gmail.com> wrote:
=20
> On 14/11/05, Dave Symonds <dsymonds@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > The FreeBSD.org mail server requires the machine where you do send-pr
>> > have an RDNS record. If your machine does not, you can use
>> > /usr/ports/mail/ssmtp to setup a gateway.
>
> So unless it takes more than 15 minutes for the mail to get through,
> it seems the freebsd.org mail server is not accepting mail from my
> ISP. Where would I go to start tracking this down? My own personal
> machine (from which I use send-pr) certainly does not have an revDNS
> record, so I need to shuttle the email off to somewhere.

[CCing ports@freebsd.org]

First of all you need to make sure this is the problem. If the
FreeBSD.org mail server rejects your mail, you should get a notice
sometime later with reasons.

If that's the problem, you'll need to find some mail server with RDNS
and setup your ssmtp to use it instead of your ISP. Personally I use
hotpop.com, which is free. You can check if an SMTP server has a RDNS
record at
http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=3Dexpress&Netnic=3Dwhois.arin.net
and use which ever fast for you.

=2D-=20