Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 1999 12:42:01 +0800 (CST)
From:      Chia-liang Kao <clkao@CirX.ORG>
To:        wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem with vr0

I'm really sorry about this, Bill. I'll be very careful and make a
recheck before sending out problem report next time. And really thank
you for shouting at me instead of leaving my problem along.

I did a `ping 192.168.100.1', and there is no response and no messages
at all. I think the most interesting part of this is that I can see
both of the lights on the hub blinking when I ping 192.168.100.1;
while only the light of the other side blinks when he pings me.

So we're starting to doubt the problem is the receiving function of my
side.  And we test again with `trafshow'. Then I found he does receive
my packet and replies when I ping him, while I can only see the
packets I sent out but no packets from his side.

But sometimes it works for a tiny second, like the following:

# traceroute i1
traceroute to i1 (192.168.100.1), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
 1  i1 (192.168.100.1)  0.720 ms * *

* From: Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
* Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 14:20:11 -0500 (EST)
*
* You have not explained exactly what is going wrong. You have not
* explained what it is that you're trying to do which isn't working.
* You have not explained how you came to the conclusion that the card
* "isn't working." Show us what happens if you type 'ping 192.168.100.1'.
* Don't attempt to paraphrase the error messages: quote them exactly.
* Does ping not illustrate the problem accurately? Fine: choose another
* example and show us the results.