Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 22:37:48 +0200
From:      Jeremy Lea <reg@shale.csir.co.za>
To:        sbabkin@dcn.att.com, peter@taronga.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ABOUT BSD

On Fri, Oct 16, 1998 at 01:45:28PM -0400, sbabkin@dcn.att.com wrote:
> > From:	peter@taronga.com [SMTP:peter@taronga.com]
> >
> > >* 12MB of RAM
> >
> > 16M if you run X, but 32M if you're going to run Netscape.
> >
> For Netscape 3.x 16M is OK, but it needs at least
> 50M of swap space.

Come on... I managed to get Netscape 3.x running with only 8MB and 40MB of
swap space on a 386DX/40.  Took about 5 minutes to load, and if you loaded
any big pages the kernel would shoot it down :)

Ran the 386 for 2 years (340MB hard disk)... 40 hours or so for my hacked
'make world' (built dir by dir rather than target by target :)

 -Jeremy