Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:58:52 -0800
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@kfu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Still cannot build native JDK 1.4 with FreeBSD 5.3

Now I'm really messed up.

I was able to build the 1.4 JDK at home with no problems. I made that
JDK into a package, then shipped it to my work machine and installed it.

Then I tried to build the JDK on the work machine and it failed in
precisely the same way it has been all along.

What @#&!&^%#&! gremlin is in my machine that is making this happen?

And yet, so far as I can tell, the JDK appears to be perfectly
operational here on my work machine. I can do anything I want with
it.... except bootstrap the JDK port!