Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 1997 08:36:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   ccd setup help please.

	I have just aquired 3 HP SCSI drives, and am atempting to set them up
	as one logical filesystem, but so far am onl suceding in crashing my
	system!

	Here is what I did.

	1. Attache the drives and reboot.

		They are dected as sd0, sd1, and sd2

	2. Run disklabel -r-w sd0 auto (and sd1, and sd2)

		This apppeared to work.

	3. ran disklable -e /dev/sd0c and changed the thtype to 4.2BSD
	   (also sd1, and sd2).

	3. ran ccdconfig ccd0 32 0 /dev/sd0c /dev/sd1c /dev/sd2c.

	4. Ran ccdconfig ccdconfig ccd0 32 0 /dev/sd2c /dev/sd1c /dev/sd2c

		 HereI gat an error message about the primary partition not being
		 magic (magic number?)

	5. run nefs /dev/ccd0c.

		This starts, but sooner or later (before completion) the computer
		locks up.

	I think I must be missing a step or something here. Runing newfs on the
	indvidual devices susceds and ccreates afilesystem that can be mounted.
	It does however also return the no majic error message.

	I am runing 2.2-stable from acouple of monthsago.

	Could some kind soul please give me some advice here?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems