Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 16:19:00 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: New timeout capability (was Re: cvs commit:....)

On Monday, 22nd September 1997, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

>In message <199709221910.NAA02147@rocky.mt.sri.com>, Nate Williams writes:
>
>>Can you explain a bit more about your 'rover' setup, and how it's used?
>
>The "rover" in my lab is named after it's more adventurous namesake
>on Mars...

[Fun workbench elided]

Sounds like an excellent setup!  Wow, hard facts!

>If you have a change you want tested, I should be able to give
>the result back to you in one or two days.  (I only ask in return
>that I may publish the results in case I write a paper on this
>experiment later on).

I've always wanted to know how much it costs to run with 4Kb file system
blocks vs 8Kb or now even 16Kb.  Oh, and the real cost of various minfree
percentages.  No obligation, of course, but you might be interested too...

Stephen.