Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:13:38 -0500
From:      Chad Morland <cmorland@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /tmp on same partition as /

I'm setting up a mail server at the momment, one of the things that I
forgot to do was create /tmp as a separate partiton (/ = 2gb).  There
will be no user logins to the machine aside from admins and the only
thing that it will run is qmail acting as a smarthost (vanilla qmail,
no amavis or anything of the sort.)

In your opinion is having /tmp on the same partition as / really THAT
bad in this case? I'm just wondering cause some people have mentioned
that its a major security risk. Really, I don't think it is for what
this box is doing.

-CM