Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 1996 11:00:41 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        RDNN@MUSIC.MACARTHUR.UWS.EDU.AU (Alex Masoch)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reply for Boot Problems.

> Rawrite - Seems to work fine, though I note that the previous10 times o
> r so that I have prepared the disk it has taken only about 40 seconds to
> do. Is that normal? The last time I tried about 20 minutes ago it took s
> ignificantly longer, about 2 minutes. Still freezes though.
>
> Downloaded boot.flp size - 1,232,594 bytes

1,228,800 is the correct size.

Set binary mode on your FTP.  You are transferring it as a text file,
which is converting long \n's into \r\n's because text files are
stored differently on DOS and UNIX.

Just before you type your "get" command, type "bin" and hit return.

If you are using Netscape or some other browser to do the download,
and you are running a WFWG or Win95 machine, there should be an FTP.EXE
in C:\WINDOWS that gives you a command-line FTP.  Use that instead.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.