Date:      Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:50:01 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another PHP5 problem

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:40:15 -0500, Jack L. Stone
<jacks@sage-american.com> wrote:

> I cannot do without ioncube as another post mentioned.

I understand your need for ioncube, but replicate the problem to another
non-production system and remove ioncube to see whether or not it is the
cause. This is something we had to do and ultimately we told the only
customer using ioncube they couldn't use it on our infrastructure anymore
because it was a proprietary extension that causes issues. Again, before
digging too deeply I strongly urge you repeat the test with ioncube
extension disabled so you can rule that out immediately or else you'll be
running around in circles for ages trying to figure out what the "cause"
is.

It's unfortunate that people think they need to obfuscate their code and
use these silly workarounds.

Regards,

Mark