Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 1996 12:39:57 -0500
From:      LUMARK@tc.gc.ca (Lu, Mark)
To:        jelinski@rose.man.poznan.pl ('SMTP: jelinski@rose.man.poznan.pl')
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org ('SMTP: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org')
Subject:   ne2000 Re: Diskless operation

i am also trying to set up many network boot diskless
PCs with ne2000 cards.

From:      Bogusz Jelinski <jelinski@rose.man.poznan.pl>
>to the screen my would-be Xterminal hanged. So I set the
>5th IRQ and 0x280 port (the kernel did not give me a chance to type -c
>during boot sequence -> another problem : how to change kernel settings).

were you able to find a better solution for diskless stations where
you did not want to change the ne2000 card setting?
i guess, since the rootfs and kernel file is associated with a
diskless station's ethernet mac address, maybe it might be
worthwhile to recompile a kernel for that station's card settings?

>once again - -what should be in the fstab in my situation?

Did you get a definite answer to this?
my guess (which seems to work) would be:
 -----
142.210.94.19:/swapfs    none  nfs  sw 0 0
142.210.94.19:/rootfs/netf18  /  nfs  rw 1 1
proc      /proc  procfs rw 0 0
 -----
Can you confirm this? is the proc line necessary?
i've heard some people are writing new
diskless.HOWTOs. Any idea where they are?

Thanks, this mailist has been very helpful for diskless problem