Date:      Sat, 02 Feb 2002 13:11:48 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Jiri Mikulas <konfer@mikulas.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: => libiconv  - buildkernel

Jiri Mikulas wrote:

> hi all.
> I have problem vith buildkernel.
> from last stable cvsuped source
> it stops on this part ...
> rc/sys/modules/lge/../../dev/lge/if_lge.c
> ===> libiconv
> perl @/kern/makeobjops.pl -c @/libkern/iconv_converter_if.m
> Can't open perl script "@/kern/makeobjops.pl": No such file or directory
> *** Error code 2
> @ -> /usr/src/sys
> machine -> /usr/src/sys/i386/include
> perl @/kern/makeobjops.pl -h @/libkern/iconv_converter_if.m
> 1 error
> *** Error code 2
> 1 error
> *** Error code 2
> --------------------------
> the file makeobjops.pl is in its right place ..
> kelt# locate akeobjops.pl
> /usr/src/sys/kern/makeobjops.pl
> kernconf is like GENERIC with
> IPFW and pcm options ....
> but i tryed to compile clean GENERIC and is the same.
> so where should be problem ?
> on other machines buildkernel went normal ..
> thaks for help.

Locate will be out of date. The entry will be from the last chron run.
  Also, since it is perl related, make sure your system date is correct.

Try a

owt# find . -name "makeob*" -print

from /usr/src. You should see

./sys/kern/makeobjops.pl

I just cvsuped tag=RELENG_4 and did a buildworld and buildkernel and
installkernel. It is doing a installworld right now. The builds all
worked just fine. What options did you use in /etc/make.conf, your
make command lines, and list your "kernconf"

The 2nd machine with a firewall is an AMD 900 and doing an upgrade
based on a cvsup of src-all at 1800 GMT isn't as painful as on the
Celeron 433a.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart