Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:14:01 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>
To:        aa8vb@ipass.net
Cc:        alk@pobox.com, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tee-ing a sound stream

> This `audio interception' sounds like a really cool feature though (snoop
> for the soundcard!)  Good luck with it.

In my naivity I thought it should be no problem to extend
the UNIX mechanisms that exist for the processing of streams of text
(manipulating, duplication, sending over the net) to streams of audio or
maybe video.

Thanks to you guys I know now that I know nothing and have that feeling
that whatever I will try is a hack. :)

It seems I stumbled on that 'multimedia' that is refered to when
one speaks about mulitmedia operating systems (BeOS? Darwin?)

Even worse I have the bad feeling, that there is no spoon ..er
there is no outline for a FreeBSD multimedia architecture.

Regards,
Marc

P.S.
Anyone knows why our sound guru Luigi is so quiet lately?