Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 23:12:34 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
To:        Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sio.c: incorrect identification of 16550A

Jean-Marc Zucconi writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 on isa
 > sio0: type 16550A
 > sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
 > sio1: type 16750
 >
 > sio1 is in fact a 16550A (in principle identical to sio0 since both
 > are in the same chip)

In addition to this new bug, I've been seeing a problem where my
dialout uucp's on sio1 are able to call up and log in to the remote
system, but lock up the port without ever transmitting any data after
completing the uucico log-in.  This has been occurring ever since the
sio changes last week, but only when I get the following messages:
  sio0: 64 events for device with no tp
  sio1: 65 events for device with no tp
Prior to last night's sio.c changes, it would tie up the line
indefinitely, but now it uucp times out and frees up the port.  If I
boot, the sio1 message says 64 events, the uucico doesn't lock up.

I'm going to have to reboot now. :-(