Date:      Tue, 03 Oct 2000 02:15:15 -0400
From:      Michael DeMutis <mike@2gen.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   PERC2 RAID support in 4.1-STABLE

How is the Dell PERC2 RAID support in 4.1-STABLE?

I have a server being delivered in a week and it's running a 2 disk array.

Is this going to be a nightmare to setup?

I'll be installing 4.x from scratch, and I'd like full LVL 5 RAID support.
The machine has to boot from the RAID device.  Is there a process I should
follow for installation?

Help is always appreciated.

Thanks!
Michael DeMutis

Michael DeMutis
System's Administrator  ||  2Gen.Inc.
143 James Street South, Suite 300, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8P 3A1
email: mike@2gen.net   website: http://www.2gen.net/
Phone: 905-308-9155   Fax: 905-308-9519   ICQ UIN: 1257176
"Merging Media & Idea To Bring Internet Exposure to Innovative Businesses"