Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:33:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        bgoering@ilsmart.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, developers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RELENG_4 kern.flp broken (was: Re: Broken kern.flp?)

I just started running into the same thing using the Jan 16, 2001 kernel
floppy disk.  The same error:

(root@usw3.freebsd.org, Tue Jan 16 11:46:50 GMT 2001)
/kernel text=0x24113b data=0x2fdac+0x201ec
elf_loadexec: cannot seek
can't load module '/kernel': input/output error

Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt.
Booting [kernel]
/kernel text=0x24113b data=0x2fdac+0x201ec
elf_loadexec: cannot seek
can't load 'kernel'
can't load 'kernel.old'