Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:36:01 -0700 (MST)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a possibly interesting article...

(followups probably better directed to chat...)

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Mike Smith wrote:

> What's most amusing to me is that they require this obscene pile of
> garbage to put out a measly 350GB/day.
>
> Wcarchive does about 250GB with a single P6.  8)

That is not a fair comparison.

Dynamic content is very different than static content.  Microsoft does an
awful lot of dynamic content on their website, sometimes for no apparent
reason.  wcarchive does very little dynamic content from what I would
guess.

I'm not claiming that NT isn't horrible and doesn't require more hardware,
especially to make it stable, but this particular comparison really isn't
too meaningful.