Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2012 12:48:40 +0100
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: switching from i386 to amd64

On Sun, 2012-12-16 at 05:35 -0600, Joseph A. Nagy, Jr wrote:
> I'm running amd64 and it seems rock-solid and well supported.

I had a similar question. I wanted to know if there are issues for
audio, when using 64 bit and got this reply:

"If you do not have a _specific_ requirement for 32 bit, use 64 bit, of
course if you have a 64 bit CPU. :-)

Specific requirements _could_ be wine and nVidia's proprietary GPU
driver, as far as I know." - Polytropon (Btw. thank you Polytropon :)

I guess in the web I read something about issues with VBox, but perhaps
I'm confusing VBox with wine. I chose 64 bit and will stay with it, even
if I should install another version of FreeBSD today.

Regards,
Ralf