Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:32:55 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildkernel failure

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 05:16:26PM +0200, Camelia Nastase wrote:

> I cvsuped today. After a successful buildworld, I got the following
> error twice:
>
> cd
> /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/OOPS;  MAKESRCPATH=/usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm
> make
>  -f /usr/src/sys/dev/aic7xxx/aicasm/Makefile
> Warning: Object directory not changed from original
> /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/OOPS
> cc -O -pipe -I/usr/include -I.   -c aicasm_gram.c
> cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/OOPS.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/src.
> *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/src.
>

> while 'make buildkernel KERNCONF=OOPS'.
>
> Should I installworld before buildkernel? Or what?

Did you get the error at the exact same place both times?
If not you probably have bad hardware. See

http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/troubleshoot.html#SIGNAL11

for more information. Otherwise you might try to cvsup again in case you
happened to get the sources at a bad time. (Although that rarely give
signal 11 errors.)

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson