Date:      Sat, 19 May 2007 23:51:35 -0500
From:      Jack Barnett <jackbarnett@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updating all ports

For /usr/ports I sync to just '.'  (dot).  Is that what I want?
(I want just 'stable' ports, nothing bleeding edge).

for /usr/src I sync to: RELENG_6

But my question, is there a way to go though and say "let's rebuild any
port" that is newer (via sync) then one I current have?

For example, if I build and install application FooBar-1.0.0 from the
/usr/ports and the next week FooBar-1.0.7 is there a way to say "yea,
let's rebuild this" instead of manually building it?  Or at the very
least, give me a list of changes on which applications need to be
manually built.

Thanks!