Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:29:47 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        John DeBoskey <jwd@unx.sas.com>, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Comments requested: automatic hook for mergemaster

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <20000917211609.A9550@unx.sas.com> John DeBoskey writes:
> :    What happens to a nightly 'make world' process if DO_MERGEMASTER
> : is defined?  We'd need a completely non-interactive approach
> : to make this work (I'm not 100% familiar with mergemaster's
> : internal workings).
>
> If DO_MERGEMASTER is defined, the build is no longer automatic.  Now
> that I think about it, it might not be such a good idea.

I disagree. Having a non-automatic option will not make the process
non-automatic, as long as that option is not used.

So, what happens is that nothing changes for anyone, except those that
explicitly define the option. Those who do will have their installworld
hanged waiting for input. (Well, unless -a is used for mergemaster --
but I like the interactive version myself.)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"I demand that my picture show a handsome face, even if it doesn't look
like me."