Date:      Fri, 30 May 1997 23:34:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sio.c: incorrect identification of 16550A

Bruce Albrecht writes:
 > In addition to this new bug, I've been seeing a problem where my
 > dialout uucp's on sio1 are able to call up and log in to the remote
 > system, but lock up the port without ever transmitting any data after
 > completing the uucico log-in.  This has been occurring ever since the
 > sio changes last week, but only when I get the following messages:
 >   sio0: 64 events for device with no tp
 >   sio1: 65 events for device with no tp
 > Prior to last night's sio.c changes, it would tie up the line
 > indefinitely, but now it uucp times out and frees up the port.  If I
 > boot, the sio1 message says 64 events, the uucico doesn't lock up.

After rebooting 3 times, I've decided that sio1 is totally hosed, so I
swapped the cables for the two ports.  My uucp is working again (since
you've all received this), however, it appears that at 57600 baud,
sio1 is dropping about the last half of the 32 bytes or so of the
login prompt, and just about every other buffer sent.