Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 03:56:13 +0100
From:      Kay Schulz <kay@kay-schulz.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ntp and MAC

Hi
unfortunately I couldn't find a hint for the problems I have syncing my Mac
OS 9 or OS X with the ntpd from FreebSD. I am using FreeBSD 4.4 as a
firewall and wanted to support the network with a timeserver.
nettime on W2K works well. But it seems that also XP has problems with the
ntp and freebsd.
Any idea?
BTW: Here is my ntpd.conf (and I verified the ntpd is working)

server localhost prefer
broadcast 10.255.255.255
enable monitor stats            # enable the good stuff
driftfile /etc/ntp.drift        # path for drift file
statsdir /var/log/ntpstats/     # directory for statistics files
filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enable
filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable
filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable
restrict 10.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 notrust nomodify notrap
---
WAP = Wait and Pay
Kay Schulz
kay@kay-schulz.com